The flagship D-SLR is selected as the majority’s favourite to be a recipient of Japan’s Camera Grand Prix 2016
New Delhi – 20th May, 2016: Nikon’s FX-format (full-frame) flagship D-SLR, the D5 is the proud recipient of the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2016 Readers Award as announced today by Nikon India, 100% subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, leaders in imaging technology.
Honoured by recognition from the esteemed Camera Journal Press Club, Japan, the D5 is selected as a winner through a voting process by camera users. Out of the nine times the Readers Award has been presented, Nikon D-SLR cameras have been the recipients of the award a total of seven times, proving that Nikon cameras are extremely popular with, and appreciated by, a great number of camera users.
Earlier this year, the D5 was also the recipient of the TIPA Awards 2016 Best D-SLR Professional/Action awards, sponsored by the Technical Image Press Association (TIPA).
• The D5 exhibits the absolute performance and presence of a flagship model. I am especially impressed with its unparalleled performance at high sensitivities, which greatly expands the possibilities for imaging expression
• I really like the fact that it is a still camera that offers a level of advancement never before seen with all major functions, including AF, AE, and high-sensitivity characteristics, and that it clearly expresses the direction cameras and technology will take in the future
• With features such as support for standard sensitivities as high as ISO 102400, advanced AF, and a touch screen monitor, this model seems indicative of what we can expect of flagship models in the future. In addition, the availability of two versions of the camera, one supporting XQD cards and one CompactFlash cards clearly shows that Nikon took both existing users and new users into consideration with development
• The excellence of this camera is something of which Japan can be extremely proud of
• A new-generation, 153-point AF system capable of capturing the intended subject under a wide variety of conditions
• High-speed continuous shooting at up to approximately 12 fps*1 with a viewfinder display that keeps the view through the lens incredibly stable for clear visibility
• Consistently superior image quality, even with shooting at high sensitivities
• Equipped with a 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) movie recording function that videographers will find very useful
• Functions and performance that respond to a variety of on-site demands and achieve a fast workflow
1 At shutter speeds of 1/250 s or faster in CH release mode
Nikon India distributes markets and services the complete range of Nikon imaging products, the newly introduced Nikon Sport Optics & Nikon Instruments. The Nikon Imaging includes its Nikon D-SLR as well as its compact camera, the Nikon COOLPIX, the Nikon 1 camera system, a range of NIKKOR lenses & accessories. With offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Delhi and Gurgaon, Nikon is strengthening its Sales & Services network all across India. The company has established total of five Nikon owned Service Centres (5 Branches), 32 ASCs (authorized service centres), 60 Nikon Collection Centres and over 4500 dealer base for complete service & support of Nikon customers. Nikon has also set up over 120 COOLPIX and D-SLR zones pan India which showcases the entire range of D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras, Nikon 1, an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Sport Optics.
Founded in 1917 as Nippon Kōgaku; the company was renamed in 1988 as Nikon Corporation. Nikon has truly evolved as an institution of creativity in imaging arena, Semi-conductors, Industrial equipment and specialized in optics as well. Nikon technologies are active not only in Nikon’s core products such as cameras, microscopes and IC steppers/scanners, but they also squarely support innovation in leading-edge science, and they contribute to the development of society and industry as a whole.