New Delhi, Jan 07 2014: Nikon India, the 100% subsidiary of Nikon Corporation Tokyo, today announced the new Nikon D3300, a DX-format model featuring advanced technology that enables capturing high-quality images easily, even for the novices. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 VR II kit, a smaller and lighter normal zoom lens is launched with the Nikon D3300, maximizing the camera’s portability. Its new retractable-lens mechanism brings about a smaller and lighter form factor bringing out enhanced photographic experience.
The lightweight camera is equipped with a high resolution 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor without an optical low-pass filter and the latest EXPEED 4 image processing system to deliver stellar image and video quality. Whether new to photography or upgrading from a point-and-shoot, the D3300 features Nikon's instructive Guide Mode with increased options to help unleash the photographer within you.
A congregation of advanced features, including a 5 frames-per-second (fps)* high-speed continuous shooting mode and an ISO range of 100 to 12800, prepare the D3300 for fast-paced action and challenging lighting conditions. Budding film-makers can also take advantage of the smooth Full HD movie recording with 1080/60p support. The D3300 features 13 special effect modes and various retouch menu options to extend the enjoyment of photographic expression. Users will also be able to take advantage of the WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter to wirelessly control the camera’s shutter, and transfer images to smartphones and tablets based on Android and iOS operating systems, designate image size and add location information to images.
Speaking on the announcement, Mr. Hiroshi Takashina, Managing Director, Nikon India said, “Nikon has always vouched for enriching photography ecosystem in India and with the launch of Nikon D3300 we are reinforcing our commitment to Indian market. The Nikon D3300 is well suited for beginners, amateur photographer and photo-enthusiasts and the easy operability will certainly encourage consumers for capturing moments which can be cherished forever”.
Mr. Takashina added, “The launch of D3300 is a fine example of quality and innovation. With the advanced features and ease of use the Nikon D3300 is aimed at giving consumers more choices and assurance of exceptional image quality and a richer photographic experience".
On the announcement, Mr. Sajjan Kumar, Vice President – Imaging, Nikon India said, “We are pleased to announce new entrant in our D-SLR range, the new Nikon D3300 is amongst our popular range and is equipped with Nikon’s latest EXPEED 4 higher speed processing engine and D-Movie function that supports recording of smooth 60p full-HD movies. We are positive that the lightweight body and advanced features like Nikon's instructive Guide Mode with increased options will surely augment photographic culture in India”.
The D3300 offers superior image quality for those looking for a simple, easy-to-use camera, while also serving as a gateway to Nikon’s rich D-SLR ecosystem. The D3300 also features an button that enables direct and quick access to menu settings. Higher-definition characters and icons in the information display with larger ISO sensitivity indication further simplify system navigation.
The new Nikon D3300 delivers outstanding image quality with easy operability by leveraging Nikon's renowned technologies. The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor is manufactured without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), producing unprecedented levels of detail and sharpness in its class. Nikon's EXPEED 4 image processing engine translates the data from the sensor into incredibly clear, lifelike images and videos with vivid colors and minimal noise. The camera offers improved depth and clarity in gradation rendering and higher accuracy of automatic white balance. Impressive performance is possible in extreme low-light situations with an ISO range of 100 to 12800 that can be expanded to 25600.
Primary Features – Nikon D3300
1. The camera offers an effective pixel count of 24.2-million pixels, a Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter, facilitating capturing images that make the most of the superior resolution of NIKKOR lenses and the latest image-processing engine, EXPEED 4, for superior image quality and support for high sensitivities
2. Excellent basic performance for capture of decisive moments:
• High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 5 fps* enabling faster continuous shooting of up to approximately 100 JPEG images (JPEG fine/Large) or approximately 11
NEF (RAW) images with a single burst at approximately 5 fps*.
• The D3300 is equipped with an approximately 0.85× high-magnification viewfinder with frame coverage of approximately 95%. It enables framing of images as intended with intuitive display of information and visual elements.
3. The D3300 is equipped with variety of Special Effects which can be selected and applied with recording of both still images and movies. The camera also offers image retouch functions that can be applied at will to still images already captured. These functions were adopted to respond to the creative intent of users searching for ways to express their own unique style and creativity.
4. Operation that supports comfortable shooting:
• Guide Mode that makes capturing images as intended simple: This enables simple operation through the entire photography process, from shooting to playback, image editing, and application of settings, even for those using an SLR camera for the first time.
• An button positioned at the bottom left of the camera allows immediate access to functions for users who want to adjust settings.
5. A monocoque structure with which a new material was adopted. The camera cover is designed with a single box-type monocoque structure for a smaller and lighter body that is strong and durable.
6. The D3300 is equipped with a D-Movie function that supports recording of smooth 60p full-HD movies. The new EXPEED 4 image-processing engine enables recording of movies exhibiting even less of the noise that occurs at high sensitivities. Movie frame rate with full-HD recording can be selected from 24p, 25p, 30p, 50p, and 60p.
7. Collaboration with smart devices supports wireless transfer of images and remote shooting*.
• By simply connecting the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a (available separately), still images captured with the D3300 can be easily transferred to a smart device, such as a smartphone or tablet, over a wireless connection*.
Primary Features: AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRⅡ
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRⅡ is the first lens for Nikon SLR cameras (F mount) to offer a retractable lens mechanism, reducing its overall size by approximately 30% over the existing 18-55mm NIKKOR lens. Other improvements include revision of mechanical design for a lighter weight, adoption of the latest optical design for greater optical performance, and an even shorter minimum focusing distance.
• A normal zoom lens offering superior optical performance and compatible with the Nikon DX format, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VRⅡ covers the 18-55mm range of focal lengths for shooting at wide-angle to mid-telephoto angles of view (focal lengths equivalent to 27-82.5mm in FX format or 35mm format).
• Adoption of a retractable lens mechanism enables a smaller and lighter lens.
• Equipped with the vibration reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops faster.
• Macro photography possible with a minimum focusing distance of 0.25 m (with manual focusing).
The Nikon D3300 will be available in three colors (Black, Red and Grey), starting mid-February 2014.
For more information on the Nikon D3300 and other Nikon products, please visit:
About Nikon India
Nikon India distributes markets and services the complete range of Nikon imaging products, the newly introduced Nikon Sport Optics & Nikon Instruments. The Nikon Imaging includes its Nikon D-SLR as well as its compact camera, the Nikon COOLPIX, the Nikon 1 camera system, a range of NIKKOR lenses & accessories. With offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Delhi and Gurgaon, Nikon is strengthening its Sales & Services network all across India. The company has established total of 5 Nikon owned Service Centers (5 Branches), 30 ASCs (authorized service centers), 58 Nikon Collection Centers and over 3000 dealer base for complete service & support of Nikon customers. Nikon has also set up 120 COOLPIX and D-SLR zones pan India which showcases the entire range of D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras, Nikon 1, an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Sport Optics.
Founded in 1917 as Nippon Kōgaku; the company was renamed in 1988 as Nikon Corporation. Nikon has truly evolved as an institution of creativity in imaging arena, Semi-conductors, Industrial equipment and specialized in optics as well. Nikon technologies are active not only in Nikon’s core products such as cameras, microscopes and IC steppers/scanners, but they also squarely support innovation in leading-edge science, and they contribute to the development of society and industry as a whole.
*With manual focus, [S] (shutter-priority auto) or [M] (manual) shooting mode, shutter speed 1/250 s or faster, and other settings at default values.
*The Wireless Mobile Utility app must be installed on the smart device beforehand (the app can be downloaded free of charge from the smart device's app store).