- Tag your images. This tiny GP-N100 GPS unit is a great way to make sure you can always tag your images to the right location. Designed to be light and compact, it easily attaches to the camera and automatically records location information such as latitude, longitude, altitude and time.
- A-GPS (Assisted GPS) can quickly calculate your location: This method of determining position using supplementary information stored in a file supplied by network
- When connected to a computer using its supplied USB cable, the GP-N100 can use resources provided by Nikon servers to reduce the time needed to acquire GPS data.
- Easy connection to the multi accessory port.
- Not equipped with a battery: power is supplied from the camera.
Other Technical Specifications:
Supported cameras - Interchangeable lens format cameras with multi accessory ports
Acquisition times (*1) - "Cold start: Approx. 40 s; Hot start: Approx. 3 s"
Update rate - Once per second
Data format - NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) 0183 version 3.1
Geodesics - WGS84
GPS accuracy (*1) - Horizontal: 10 m/33 ft RMS
Interfaces - USB
Operating temperature - 0 °C - 40 °C/32 °F - 104 °F
Dimensions (W x H x D) - Approx. 42.0 x 26.8 x 30.5 mm/1.7 x 1.1 x 1.2 in.
Weight - Approx. 21 g/0.7 oz
Other options (*2) - Supports Assisted GPS (A-GPS or aGPS)
(*1) Under open sky (no obstructions nearby)
(*2) See the camera Reference Manual for more information on Assisted GPS.