NIKON Z 9 FULL-FRAME/FX-FORMAT MIRRORLESS CAMERA RECEIVES BOTH THE "CAMERA OF THE YEAR" AND "READERS AWARD" IN THE CAMERA GP 2022
The Nikon Z fc is also awarded with the “Editors Choice R&D Award” in the same prestigious accolade from the Camera Journal Press Club, Japan
New Delhi: 26th May 2022 - Nikon India Private Ltd. is pleased to announce that the Nikon Z 9 full-frame/FX-format mirrorless camera has received the "Camera of the Year" and "Readers Award" in the Camera Grand Prix (GP) 2022. Adding to the win is also the Nikon Z fc APS-C size/DX-format mirrorless camera with the honours of the "Editors Choice R&D Award". Nikon is a triple award winner in the Camera GP 2022.
Full-frame/FX-format mirrorless camera Nikon Z 9
APS-C size/DX-format mirrorless camera Nikon Z fc
The Nikon Z 9 was selected for the Camera GP 2022 "Camera of the Year" as a camera recognised as the best of all marketed during the period, through an overwhelming number of votes from a wide range of worldwide CJPC members as well as professional photographers.
At the same time, the Nikon Z 9 was the recipient of the "Readers Award" which is determined by the general camera users' votes on the CJPC website. Nikon cameras have received the Readers Awards nine times out of 15 times, proving just how highly regarded they are by a large number of users.
As the Nikon Z fc received the Camera GP 2022 "Editors Choice R&D Award", Nikon cameras have won three Camera GP 2022 awards out of the four categories this year.
Reasons for selection of the Z 9 (Camera of the Year)
Comments from the selection committee
The Nikon Z 9 employs an effective 45.71-megapixel stacked CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 7 image processor to give a frequently refreshing live view, the world’s largest* nine different subject detections, a distortion-suppressed electronic shutter to make itself the flagship of the Nikon Z line cameras. The omission of a mechanical shutter is highly evaluated as freeing from shutter vibration and shutter durability problems.
*Among mirrorless cameras available as of October 28, 2021, based on Nikon research.
Reasons for selection of the Z 9 (Readers Award)
A selection of comments excerpted and edited
- It is the highest peak of the Nikon Z series cameras. Any subject can be photographed using only the Z 9.
- I think it is the most fantastic camera at present for its functions, dimensions and cost-to-performance characteristic that are well-balanced at a high level.
- Distortion-free electronic shutter, easiest-to-view finder better than any other makes and the best cost-to-performance factor despite being a flagship camera.
- It provides new standards of flagship cameras by its mechanical shutter omission.
- The final technical goal of cameras made by mankind.
- It is highly evaluated as a challenge-winning product through its full professional specifications as well as the omission of a mechanical shutter by using a high-speed sensor readout.
- I think of it as an epoch-making camera as it has no mechanical shutter, limit-free 4K movie recording capacity and even 8K/30p movie recording of more than two hours.
- It is innovative because it has a perfect blackout-free finder and has no mechanical shutter. Additionally, it can be assumed that these features will also be implemented to lower-end models at a lower cost.
- It is the long-awaited Nikon flagship mirrorless camera. It gives me many surprises such as its functions, mechanical layout, performance and price.
Reasons for selection of the Z fc (Editors Choice R&D Award)
Comments from the selection committee
The Nikon Z fc is the merger of a Nikon film SLR style to attract the new young customers and the basic performance of the Nikon Z 50 mirrorless camera that is renowned for its high quality. It also introduces a new mode even in its catalogue to show its consistent research and development work to appeal to its new customers. Its popularity including from the old film SLR users is also highly evaluated.
About Camera GP
The Camera Grand Prix is held every year by the Camera Journal Press Club (CJPC, Japan), an association of technical editors from magazine and website specialising in photography and camera. Each award was selected among cameras and lenses introduced on the Japanese market during the previous fiscal year from April 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022 for the Camera GP 2022.