The new system realises incredibly stable remote camera operation with simultaneous high-speed image transfer for efficient workflow processes
New Delhi: 2nd June, 2021 – NX Field, a remote shooting system for corporate use that is scheduled to be released on June 17, 2021, has been announced by Nikon India Private Ltd. today. The system will support those on the frontlines of news reporting by allowing its users to link multiple Nikon digital SLR cameras, operate and adjust settings, and automatically upload images captured with the cameras to an FTP1 server.
Currently compatible with D6 and D5 DSLR cameras, the system is also planned to support the mirrorless camera range such as the Z 9, Z 7II, and Z 6II in the future.
NX Field supports the capture of decisive moments – achieving immediacy in the workflow even those from previously difficult perspectives and angles, by enabling the remote cameras to be positioned in places that are not easily accessible, such as at the goal line of a race or near a stadium ceiling, or in situations where the number of photographers allowed on site are limited.
NX Field will be released by NPS (Nikon Professional Service), an organisation through which Nikon offers support and services to professional photographers throughout the world. To use NX Field, the dedicated camera firmware is to be installed for a fee, and the NX Field app2 must be downloaded to a compatible smart device.
More details on enabling NX Field will be available here.
By connecting multiple compatible Nikon DSLR cameras, the camera set as the master camera can simultaneously control the shutter release on the remote cameras via a wired LAN cable or wireless LAN3.
The NX Field supports remote shooting over 5G high-speed communication standard or the internet4. With the NX Field app for smart devices, the shutter release on remote cameras connected can also be controlled from the compatible smart devices. The app can also be used to easily perform a number of tasks remotely, including checking the live view image, changing camera settings, and checking and uploading images captured with the cameras individually. All of these can be done with a user interface that pursues flexibility and usability to streamline the on-site workflow.
Providing further flexibility, the system also enables the immediate and automatic upload of images captured with the master and remote cameras to an FTP server. When a wired LAN cable connection is used, the system is extremely stable as is not easily affected by external factors such as a lack of sufficient Wi-Fi signal or congested Wi-Fi traffic.
See Nikon Stories for secrets behind development of the NX Field:
Pushing the limits of the photojournalism frontline—Part 2
• Shutter release for multiple compatible remote Nikon DSLR cameras can be synchronised with a single master camera
• The ability to use AF on remote cameras enables photo compositions that were difficult to achieve from conventional perspectives and angles
• Shutter release can be synchronised, camera settings can be adjusted remotely, and the live view image on remote cameras can be checked, all while uploading images at high speed to an FTP server
• Simple network configuration using wired LAN cable realises excellent stability less likely to be affected by difficulties common with wireless networks
• Support for remote shooting and settings adjustment, as well as the uploading of images, via 5G high-speed communications standard or the internet
• Works with the robotics of Mark Roberts Motion Control Limited, a Nikon subsidiary, to reliably capture decisive moments
• Simplifies complicated workflows by using the dedicated NX Field smart device app to change settings on multiple remote cameras
• Using the master camera or dedicated NX Field smart device app enables the user to remotely check camera connection status, battery level, number of possible shots, image upload status
• The dedicated NX Field smart device app can also be used to restart the network functions on remote cameras and recover connections when networks fail
• Nikon D6, D5
• Support for the Nikon Z 9, Z 7II, Z 6II, Z 7, and Z 6 is planned for the future.
• iPhone 8 or later, iPad Pro (2018 model) or later, iPad Air 4 or later
• iOS and iPad OS (version 14.4 or later for both)
Nikon will continually update NX Field and support professional photographers on the frontlines of decisive moments.
1 FTP stands for "file transfer protocol"
2 NX Field app for smart devices can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store®. Once the dedicated camera firmware has been installed, an iPhone® or iPad® to which the app has been installed can be used. More details on enabling NX Field will be available here
3 Wireless connection is possible when the WT-5 or WT-6 wireless transmitter is used with D5 & D6
4 Specific configuration required for networks. A router that supports port forwarding is required. Using a virtual private network (VPN) for secure communication is recommended when using the Internet to operate a remote camera
*App Store®, iPhone®, iPad®, iOS, and iPad OS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
*The iPhone trademark is used under license from Aiphone Co., Ltd.
*Other trade names mentioned in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Nikon India distributes markets and services the complete range of Nikon imaging products & Nikon Sport Optics. The Nikon Imaging includes Nikon Mirrorless series, Nikon D-SLR, the Nikon COOLPIX and range of NIKKOR lenses & accessories. Headquartered in Gurgaon, Nikon has branch offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Delhi. Nikon India has total of five Nikon owned Service Centers (4 Branches and 1 Headquarter), 23 ASCs (authorized service centers), 18 Nikon Collection Centers and over 1500 dealer base for complete service & support for Nikon customers. Nikon has also set up 136 Experience zones pan India which showcases the entire range of Nikon Mirrorless series, D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras and an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses, Nikon Sport Optics and accessories.
Nikon India Website: www.nikon.co.in
Capture With Nikon Microsite: www.capturewithnikon.in/
Nikon School Website: www.nikonschool.in
Nikon India Facebook: www.facebook.com/nikonIndia
Nikon India Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nikon-india-private-limited/
Nikon India IG Handle : https://www.instagram.com/nikonindiaofficial/
Nikon India Twitter Handle : https://twitter.com/NikonIndia
Service id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales & Support enquiries id: email@example.com