The new AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II with retractable barrel mechanism delivers sharp stunning images to DX-format users
New Delhi, January 6, 2015 – Nikon India, the 100% subsidiary of Nikon Corporation Tokyo, leader in imaging technology, is proud to introduce the remarkably compact AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II that shoots gorgeous panoramas, exciting close-ups and everything in between effortlessly. A perfect companion for DX-format DSLRs, the portable telephoto zoom lens with a 55 to 200 mm*1 focal-length range and f/4-5.6 maximum aperture help users capture fine details and vivid colours.
“The announcement is a testimony to Nikon’s commitment of promoting photography culture in India by providing product and services that surpass the demands of the consumer and in return give them an edge over the others. The new AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II delivers excellent performance in a compact design supported by retractable barrel mechanism making it a perfect balance of versatility, portability and reliability that ensures beautiful pictures”, said Mr. Hiroshi Takashina, Managing Director, Nikon India Pvt. Ltd.
“Nikon brings users closer to the excitement by strengthening the NIKKOR line-up with the newfangled AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II designed with Nikon’s renowned optical technology. The light body and focal length is ideal for photographers who love to explore and are on the move. From portraits to landscapes and nature, the effortlessly shoot sharp images, even at a distance. The new AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II will be every photographers dream lens” said, Mr. Sajjan Kumar, Vice President, Imaging, Nikon India Pvt. Ltd.
1. Renowned and reliable technology
• Perfecting steady shots: Vibration Reduction (VR) in the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II minimizes image blur caused by camera shake from overeager or tired hands when photo opportunities are endless on an excursion. The VR provides an effect equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 4.0 stops*2 faster for sharp and clear images, giving photographers a steady extra hand in taking those picturesque architecture or arresting landscapes.
• Swift and silent focusing: To be engaged with an accurate and quiet high-speed autofocusing, ideal in situations where photographers would need to be inconspicuous during a shoot such as bird photography, the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) technology is also incorporated into the compact lens. A Nikon technology, the SWM converts “travelling waves” into rotational energy to focus the optics.
2. Synergy of manoeuvrability and quality
• Packing light and easy: Granting photographers greater convenience in capturing the perfect shot, along with the possibility of packing more lenses for a shoot or simply travelling lighter, is the retractable barrel mechanism that renders the DX-format lens to be exceptionally light at approximately 300 grams.
• Maximizing photography, minimizing hassle: Photographers can look forward to achieving stunning sharpness and contrast in their images and videos, even at maximum aperture, while spending more time shooting what they love. The presence of the Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass element ensures superior optical sharpness and colour correction by minimising chromatic aberration so post-processing is made an easier and less time-consuming task.
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II will be available in February 2014 and MRP will be announced closer to the sale start date.
For more information on the AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II and other Nikon products, please visit www.nikon.co.in/en_IN
About Nikon India
Nikon India distributes markets and services the complete range of Nikon imaging products, the newly introduced Nikon Sport Optics & Nikon Instruments. The Nikon Imaging includes its Nikon D-SLR as well as its compact camera, the Nikon COOLPIX, the Nikon 1 camera system, a range of NIKKOR lenses & accessories. With offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Delhi and Gurgaon, Nikon is strengthening its Sales & Services network all across India. The company has established total of five Nikon owned Service Centers (5 Branches), 32 ASCs (authorized service centers), 64 Nikon Collection Centers and over 3000 dealer base for complete service & support of Nikon customers. Nikon has also set up over 120 COOLPIX and D-SLR zones pan India which showcases the entire range of D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras, Nikon 1, an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses and Nikon Sport Optics.
Founded in 1917 as Nippon Kōgaku; the company was renamed in 1988 as Nikon Corporation. Nikon has truly evolved as an institution of creativity in imaging arena, Semi-conductors, Industrial equipment and specialized in optics as well. Nikon technologies are active not only in Nikon’s core products such as cameras, microscopes and IC steppers/scanners, but they also squarely support innovation in leading-edge science, and they contribute to the development of society and industry as a whole.
Nikon Website: www.nikon.co.in
Nikon India Facebook: www.facebook.com/nikonIndia
Service id: email@example.com
Sales & Support enquiries id: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Angle of view equivalent to that of a lens with focal lengths of 82.5-300mm in 35mm  format.
2 Measured in accordance with CIPA standards. When used with a DX-format digital SLR camera. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.