Experience 3000mm-equivalent super-telephoto shooting with the latest compact digital camera equipped with the highest zoom ratio of 125×
New Delhi: 10th July 2018 – Super-telephoto shooting sees a new level of clarity and quality with the new COOLPIX P1000 announced today by Nikon India, a 100% subsidiary of Nikon Corporation Tokyo. A compact digital camera that combines superior photographic performance for high-quality, breath-taking images with 125× optical zoom and enhanced operability for the user’s convenience, the new COOLPIX is set to be the new contender in the imaging world of optical zoom.
“Optical experience and expertise at its best are the words best describing our new COOLPIX P1000. The camera boasts technological advancements along with superior imaging experience for our users. The ideal companion for super-telephoto photography be it birding, wildlife, or celestial bodies, the new COOLPIX P1000 endows our users with streamlined operability and high resolution quality that is built to impress.” says Sajjan Kumar - Managing Director, Nikon India.
He added “The new COOLPIX P1000 is the best placed example of Nikon harvesting all energies towards improving our customer experience. With emerging interest in photography it’s imperative for us to bring in technological advancements which our users expect”.
The COOLPIX P1000 is equipped with a 125× optical zoom lens that covers an incredible range of focal length beginning at the wide-angle 24mm1 equivalent and extending to the super-telephoto 3000mm1 equivalent (up to 250×2 zoom is possible when Dynamic Fine Zoom is enabled). Equipped with a newly improved EXPEED image-processing engine to achieve superior image quality and Dual Detect Optical VR to provide a level of vibration reduction equivalent to a 5.0-stop3 increase in shutter speed, this new camera enables sharp and clear images, even with hand-held telephoto shooting. Discover superior operability with features that include an approximately 2359k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder, a control ring that can be used to manually adjust focus and change white balance setting, and a focus mode selector that enables a user to change the focus mode while gripping the camera. This compact camera further supports recording of 4K UHD/30p and Superlapse movies, as well as a variety of optional accessories for a rich and diverse imaging expression.
• Ready for a close-up: The elusive otter, the nimble eagle; while photography of nature’s creature is a favourite with many, the need to keep a respectful distance remains. The COOLPIX P1000 gets up-close, without being too personal, with a 125× optical zoom NIKKOR lens to provide super-telephoto shooting in the coverage of wide-angle 24mm to super-telephoto 3000mm focal length. Super Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and ED lens elements, which offer superior compensation for chromatic aberration, are also adopted for the lens for sharp and high-resolution images throughout the entire zoom range.
• Finding clarity: View subjects in a sharp and clear view with the high-resolution, approximately 2359k-dot OLED electronic viewfinder. Scenes are clearly projected with a viewfinder magnification of approximately 0.68× (equivalent in 35mm  format). This high-performance viewfinder makes framing and viewing images comfortable and easy, even in the bright outdoors. Adding on to the sharpness is the Dual Detect Optical VR, which offers vibration reduction equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed, allowing for worry-free super-telephoto photography. The camera processes two types of camera-shake information detected from the angular velocity sensor and the image itself for precise camera-shake compensation. The effects of camera shake are effectively suppressed even with hand-held shooting.
The COOLPIX P1000 also supports recording of high-definition 4K UHD/30p movies. Frames from movies recorded in 4K UHD format can also be saved as still images to preserve moments that simply can't be captured with a continuous burst of still-image shooting.
• Operability for all: Taking the camera out with a peace of mind and full shooting enjoyment is made possible with the adoption of a deep grip of the camera to ensure a firmer and steady hold, even with hand-held shooting. The camera further pursues superior operability with features that include a focus mode selector that can be used to change the focus mode after focus has been acquired, and a control ring that allows the adjustments of settings such as white balance and manual focus.
This COOLPIX also comes equipped with an accessory terminal and an accessory shoe that supports a wide variety of accessories, including external Speedlights. Support for Nikon's extensive line-up of accessories further expands possibilities for imaging expression. Among the many optional accessories available for the P1000 is a new Bluetooth remote control (ML-L7) that can be used to eliminate the camera shake that is often a concern with telephoto shooting. This accessory supports smooth and precise super-telephoto photography.
• Equipped with a 3.2-in. TFT LCD vari-angle monitor
• Support for Nikon's exclusive NRW (RAW) format
• Equipped with COOLPIX Picture Control
• Equipped with a creative mode that makes achieving ideal imaging expression simple
• Capable of recording Superlapse and time-lapse movies
• SnapBridge support that enables remote camera control from a smart device and automatic transfer of photos to a smart device
1 Equivalent focal length in 35mm  format.
2 At the maximum image size. The maximum zoom ratio varies by image size. The zoom ratio indicated for Dynamic Fine Zoom is the combined ratio of optical zoom from the maximum wide-angle position and digital zoom.
3 Measured in accordance with CIPA standards at approx. 350mm (equivalent focal length in 35mm  format).
Trade names (companies, products, services, etc.) are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
More information on the new COOLPIX P1000 will be shared closer to sale starts date. For more information on Nikon products range, please refer: http://www.nikon.co.in/en_IN/products/catalogue
Nikon India distributes markets and services the complete range of Nikon imaging products, Nikon Sport Optics & Nikon Instruments. The Nikon Imaging includes Nikon D-SLR, the Nikon COOLPIX and range of NIKKOR lenses & accessories. Headquartered in Gurgaon, Nikon has branch offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Delhi. Nikon India has total of five Nikon owned Service Centers (4 Branches and 1 Headquarter), 32 ASCs (authorized service centers), 49 Nikon Collection Centers and over 3000 dealer base for complete service & support for Nikon customers. Nikon has also set up 141 Experience zones pan India which showcases the entire range of D-SLR cameras, COOLPIX cameras and an elaborate range of NIKKOR lenses, Nikon Sport Optics and accessories.